Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Far Green Country under a swift sunrise

Gandalf and Pippin
I can't forget this scene in Lord of the Rings, day after day I always watch the scene on youtube so now I'll gonna blog it. to be...?? whatever haha!, however this scene actually can tell us why Lord of the Rings films are different to other movies. check it out.


This scene happens when The City of Gondor is under attack by an Orc army. Gandalf and Pippin having a conversation.


(This is actually the lines)
Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.
(Gandalf looks at him in surprise.)
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it.
(Pippin listens hopefully, as the sounds of the battle around them fade.)
Pippin: What, Gandalf? See What?
Gandalf: White shores, and beyond. A far green country under a swift sunrise.
Pippin: Well, that isn't so bad.
Gandalf: No. No, it isn't.


You can feel it all if you watch this video: A far Green Country

I highlighted the line that Gandalf's said ahh! it's a breath taking quote haha! the same with this "White shores, and beyond. A far green country under a swift sunrise." Goosebumps feels while Gandalf saying that phrase, I sincerely hope that when death comes to claim me, I will see exactly what Gandalf talks about here. What a beautiful and serene vision of what comes after. and What Gandalf says makes death far more easier to accept. I want to have these words as my own last words or else I will please to have Gandalf to speak this to me when I die :D haha I always was afraid of death but with these wonderful words i think i will never be scared again i wanna explore the White shore and the green country.


Try to listen to the soundtrack:
I've got teared eyes when I hear this, literally, i don't think i cry to any films but Lord of the Rings, just the soundtracks and the deep story and awesome acting kind of puts the majority of other films to shame. I'm sorry to anyone who love Harry Potter or Narnia but i don't think any fantasy will ever touch Lord of the Rings. i think i cry at this music because i know Lord of the Rings has ended, and middle Earth isn't real, and I'll never experience something this epic in film again.


That's all
Thanks for reading!